Friday, December 10, 2010

1 week and a day

We have been in the hospital for a week and a day. What an emotional roller coaster! Actually every day there are times that I find myself being reminded that I am not in control and desperately clinging to God.
There have been good days and bad days. Monday was one of the bad days: I was told to be prepared for the babies to come that night. After an ultrasound showed that the babies were doing good they just kept monitoring them. Tuesday wasn't much better- Baby A had a deceleration and then the nurses couldn't' find her to monitor her. The nurses looked for about 1.5 hrs before they got really nervous and had the ultrasound guy- Doug come back. Again it showed the girls were doing well and moving A LOT! They found Baby A for a while and then spent the next 3 hours trying to find her and keep her monitored. They then had to have the ultrasound come back just so they could find her. The girls were good for the rest of the night.
Today I had another ultrasound which went really well. I think I was getting a little cocky because this afternoon Baby A has had more declines then she ever has in one day. It was one of the very scary times for me. During the ultrasound, Doug showed me that Baby A has a little bit of hair and my favorite mommy moment yet was when Baby B had a 5 second yawn. It was amazing! I feel like I have had the opportunity to get to know the girls better since being here. Baby A is ornery like her mother. She is usually the one that the nurses have a hard time finding. If she doesn't want to be monitored she will play hide and seek for hours! She is sitting very low and breech. Baby B is more like her dad- seems to be more laid back and more compliant. She is head down with bottom really high in the center of my stomach. The last week the girls have been nose to nose!
Clay has been really busy as he has traveled back and forth as he has stayed with us every night. He had a game last night in which they won and has another one tonight. I am excited because the game will be on the radio. I thank God for such a wonderful husband and friend.
The doctors have said that right now our biggest goal is to get to 34 weeks which is Tuesday. If the girls are still doing good then we will take it a day at a time. We are looking forward to Monday when our doctor will be back from her vacation.
Thank you to everyone who has stopped by, sent cards, called, and who have prayed. It means so much to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment