Monday, May 6, 2013

God is good... all the time

I am so thankful for God's mercy, that he is patient, slow to anger, and abounding in love.  My pastors wife said something last month that has stuck with me.  She said that God isn't a god of 2nd chances because we would need a 3rd and 4th..... but that God is a God of new life!  Praise God that when he saves us He changes us as well.  In my case, the process of growing more like Jesus seems very slow with many times of wondering if I am growing at all.  I am so thankful that when God sees me that he sees Jesus blood that was spilled on the cross for me and that now covers me.  My only hope is Jesus Christ!

It has been a fun couple of months regardless of the horrible weather.  My birthday was April 11th and it was a week that I was kind of down.  Clay surprised me with a birthday letter when I woke up which was enough to make my day.  However, he also added that his mom, Cooper Grandma, would be coming to watch the girls as he and I would go for a date to the Thai restaurant in Grand Island.  That was then followed up with cake and ice cream with some of our Nebraska Christian friends.  I also had my good friend Tonya bring me by a latte and my good friends Sara McCoy and her son Fynn along with Linda Peterson come over and play with the girls and I and then took us out to lunch.  It was truly the best birthday that I can remember.  Clay also surprised me with a new bible because my binding broke on my old one.  


One of the best things, in our opinion, about Nebraska Christian where Clay teaches is the International kids that live there.  We have really enjoyed spending time with them when we can.  We had the opportunity to be substitute dorm parents in the boy's dorm and then in the girl's dorm as the dorm parents took weekends off.  It was a blast and the girls did great.  We desire the dorm kids to know how much we care for them and want to share Jesus with them and see that the best way to show this is for us to spend time with them.... do life with them.  It is kinda crazy when we do this with 3 kids 2 and under but thankfully they are understanding.  

Here are a few pictures of our time.  I need to get more pictures of the International kids with us next time!








We had Cinco De Mayo at our church last Wednesday with a great meal and pinata which the girls loved!




Clay has 6.5 days left and then we are going to take a week long vacation to Kansas City.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment